Saturday, July 28, 2012

You know what I want to do? I want to write a rant.

So, I know I haven't posted in a while, but it's not like that matters much. What does matter is that today, I decided that my family isn't stupid.
They're straight up retarded.
I know that word is offensive and I never mean to be offensive, but right now I can't think of anything else to use to describe how I feel right now. Basically, the story is this: My brother has depression bad. He's sure he's going to die a virgin, alone and unloved, and he also is afraid to go outside because he feels that everyone is judging him. My brother and our mom were watching Dog Whisperer and there was a lady with severe anxiety who needed help training a service dog, so my mom told my brother that he might get a puppy to help him with his issues. He wants to train it as a service dog as well...except he has absolutely no handicaps. So I suggested a therapy dog instead, which still is a bit overkill for him, and he just said 'idk. I just want to train a dog so that I have something productive to do'...Ok, what?
My brother has been to a doctor about his depression. He has a prescription for it. He refuses to take the medicine, because it doesn't sit well in his stomach and he feels nausiated. My parents let him not take the prescription. They think it's perfectly ok. And apparently, they think that getting him a puppy is a perfect substitute.
Ok, first off, I would kill to be able to see a doctor about my constant low mood, but I don't even have enough money to buy powdered drink mix to mask the muddy, rusty taste of tap water. Second off, my dad hates dogs, but apparently he just loves this idea of getting one for my brother. Er, excuse me, but I do seem to remember that exact father threatening to divorce mom if she didn't get rid of a puppy we surprised him with.
Also, I have a hard time believing my brother would be able to train that dog to do anything other than sit and lie down. That's all we've been able to do in the past. My whole family, including me, is too lazy to go through that sort of thing, and none of them have experience in training animals anyway.
So when my brother told me that I should be excited for him, sure, I told him I was, but my brain was off on its own tangent. "I'm pretty sure I know how I should feel right now, and excited really isn't very high on the list of things I maybe should feel. I feel angry, jealous, and there's straight up disbelief coursing through me right now."
They have 5 people in that house right now, and barely enough income to feed them, and on top of that is the care for the 10 cats and 1 chihuahua that they already have. They're unable to pay for regular check-ups at the Vet for any of those animals.
I just feel very frustrated right now. But I believe that's about all I have to say on the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment