Friday, February 8, 2013

Motivation, motivation, wherefor art thou, my motivation...

Y'know, this whole apathy thing really sucks for motivation. It's been so long that I don't even remember what the heck I was doing with this thing. Pah...

I'm going to school finally. This is my first semester, so I'm just taking general requirements, but eventually I'm going to get into graphic design. Maybe I'll post weekly assignments here or something. Not that a lot of people have seen the blog, or anything. But those who do look might give me some advice and pointers, so it's worth a try I suppose.

School is going alright so far, but it's only week four. I'm taking four classes, three of which are online. My on-campus class is Intermediate Algebra, just to brush up on before I get into stuff that I haven't actually been taught before.

My online classes are Comm 1, Humanities, and Speech. I'm pretty sure I'm going to ace Comm 1, no sweat. Humanities, I could ace if I applied myself, but...y'know, that whole motivation thing. And Speech?...Yeah, no. I'm going to tank. Hard...

I'm terribly stage-shy. Being the center of attention makes me anxious, and it makes me want to hide away and not come out for an hour. The thought that I'll eventually have to make a speech at all makes my heart sink. It wouldn't be so bad if I could just sit against a wall and record myself, but this teacher requires that you stand and have a live audience of at least 5 people...

So once I'm done with this semester, I will be so very happy. I'll start to get into the meat of the classes that I want to take, and those will hopefully all be on-campus classes, because this online stuff is hard to motivate myself to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment